The Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH) is one of the leading public hospitals in Melbourne, Australia. Recognised for its comprehensive medical services, research endeavours, and training facilities, RMH has been serving the community for over a century.
In 2022, Australia launched the largest hospital project ever, initiating a $5-6 billion upgrade and expansion for RMH that will provide over 1,800 beds and treatment areas.
As part of this upgrade, RMH sought a premier smart locker system to offer storage solutions for its staff. Given the hospital's fluid work environment, they aimed for a locker system that could cater to all employees without mandating a direct 1:1 locker-to-staff ratio. Additionally, they desired a system that could seamlessly integrate with their current infrastructure, including security access cards and Azure AD.
Yellowbox provided a leading locker system solution,
- Allowing staff to use existing work login and open locker through mobile phone, through SSO integration.
- Seamless integration with existing RFID Cards, allowing staff to use their existing cards to book and unlock their locker.
- On-demand / temporary system, allowing staff to book and access a locker when at the hospital.
- 24/7 support for users and management.
- Automated onboarding and offboarding through a web dashboard.
- Wired powered system to remove all battery maintenance.
Since installing in early 2023, users have enjoyed an intuitive locker experience with their access card and app, while management has benefited from a hands-free, automated, and secure storage solution.
1510 hours saved each year in administration time compared to traditional locks, through automations, support and self-serve access.